Let us help YOU get to the inbox like we've helped these others!
Email marketing firm Silverpop, released study results about the efficacy of email campaigns. Silverpop took a look at emails that were sent during 2011 and the first quarter of 2012. The email messages analyzed were sent by Silverpop’s clients, by over 1,100 different brands. They looked at several different types of email messages, including transactional messages, promotional emails, content-based newsletters, and notifications. The data that they found pertaining to click-through rates, open rates and unsusubscribe rates were very informative. A few of the most interesting stats:
* The average open rate was around 20%
* Travel, retail, and leisure saw some of the lowest open rates, while emails related to computer software saw the highest open rates
* Users trend towards opening emails more than once, suggesting that they are first viewing emails on other devices, such as their cell phones, and then looking again on their laptop or PC
* In terms of click through rates, media and publishing-related emails saw the highest rates, and computer software again ranked high, with Silverpop mentioning that this may be because these industries send emails that are more focused on educational content and news, and less sales
* Travel and leisure saw a high number of unsubscribe rates, while non-profit organizations saw the lowest
For a look at the full report, check out the PDF here: http://www.silverpop.com/downloads/white-papers/WP_2012_Benchmark.pdf
Have a wonderful weekend!