Let us help YOU get to the inbox like we've helped these others!
The requirements for becoming a SuretyMail certified sender and having your email certified by Get to the Inbox by SuretyMail are straightforward:
1. You must not spam. We use the original definition of spam developed by Paul Vixie and our CEO, Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. when she was in-house counsel at Paul Vixie’s MAPS. This definition has been in use and widely-accepted since it was first developed in 2001:
An electronic message is “spam” IF: (1) the recipient’s personal identity and context are
irrelevant because the message is equally applicable to many other potential recipients;
AND (2) the recipient has not verifiably granted deliberate, explicit, and still-revocable
permission for it to be sent; AND (3) the transmission and reception of the message
appears to the recipient to give a disproportionate benefit to the sender.
2. You must have true opt-in for every email address on your mailing list, meaning their knowing permission and consent to have their email address be on your mailing list. This also means that purchased, rented, borrowed, or otherwise acquired mailing lists are not ok, as permission can never be inferred.
3. You must not share the email addresses that you have with third-parties, as that facilitates spamming and otherwise emailing to non-opted-in addresses, as permission can never be transferred.
4. You must be CAN-SPAM compliant, including having an unsubscribe link in every bulk mailing that you send. Note that being CAN-SPAM compliant on its own is not sufficient to be accepted for Get to the Inbox by SuretyMail email certification, but it is a requirement.
5. You must be GDPR compliant if you are in the EU, UK GDPR compliant if you are in the UK, and CASL compliant if you are in Canada.
If you do not meet any of these requirements, and would like our assistance in doing so, we can and will still work with you to get you certified; in fact we would be happy to do so!
Ready? Get started!